HTML Validation & Link Checker
JChecker3.0 Revision History
Rev.3.0.5 (6/9, 2003)
- Added a validation check No.72 "Nothing is specified in URL."
- Added a validation check No.73 "Same attributes %2 are specified redundantly in a tag %1."
- Added a validation check No.74 "It is recommended for XHTML empty element %1 to end with '/>' rather than add an end tag </%1>."
- Added a validation check No.75 "The element base should be the first element that refers to an external source in <head> section."
- Added a validation check No.76 "The URL reference of element base should be an absolute URL."
- Added a validation check for the URL value in DOCTYPE declaration.
- Added a support for a detail log option in the recursive link checking. Note: As the max size of log is 32KB, old lines that exceed 32kB will be deleted automatically.
- Improved the method of recursive link checking so that the HTML pages which host is deferent from the start page are excluded from the checking.
- Improved the drag & drop image tag auto-generation so that the tag ends with " />" when the document is xhtml.
- Improved the drag & drop anchor tag auto-generation so that a redundant space character before "/>" is removed.
- Improved the the menu "File>Open File..." so that the HTML files ,which have not the file type 'TEXT' but have ".html" extensions, can be opened.
- Improved the window title display so that the parent folder name is also displayed withe the file name.
- Improved the keyboard font sync method.
- Fixed a bug that JChecker stalled after a certain paste operation.
- Fixed a bug that JChecker stalled when the first key input was "shift+return" just after the new document was opened.
- Fixed a bug that the duplicate error messages "Japanese character set '%2' is specified in the attribute '%1' while the document does not contain any Japanese 2 byte characters" are sometimes displayed.
- Fixed a bug of link checking of OS X version that the "404 Not Found" errors were not detected in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that the save menu was not enabled after the encoding or line break type was changed.
- Fixed a bug that the save menu was not enabled after the "Replace All" operation.
- Fixed a bug that the save menu was not enabled after the data of a comment tag was changed.
- Added a new diagnosis message No.71 "Wrong xml version number in the XML declaration" and its auto-correction.
- Added a date and time string to the log title of recursive link checking.
- Added a menu item "Minimize Window" to the "Windows" menu.
- Added a menu item "Reload" in the "File" menu. This item will be displayed when a remote file is opened.
- Fixed a bug in the File Creator of the Program "DtdToDic."
- Fixed an AppleScript bug that the value of document property "modified" is wrong in some conditions.
- Added new XHTML 1.1 dictionary.
- Optimized the output of diagnosis message so that the error messages generated by side effect will be suppressed.
- Supports the auto indentation for wrapped lines so that you can see the HMTML hierarchical structure more clearly.
- Added a new item "Wrapped line indent" in the Preference "Editor."
- Supports a log window for recursive link checking. You can open each log item by double clicking it. Log saving also supported.
- Added a recursive link check option whether the checked windows are going to be closed or not.
- Added a menu "Tools" in "Edit" menu. The menu "Tools" has submenus of "To Small Letters", "To Capital Letters" and "To Zenkaku Kana".
- Added new menus "Select Tag" and "Select Pair Tag" in "Edit" menu.
- Supports a new AppleScript command "ToZenkakuKana."
- Added a new item "Local links ending with a '/' are mapped to following file name" in the Preference "Link."
- Supports the "<br />" auto insertion by shift+return shortcut in the xhtml documents.
- Added a new item "Extensions of target files" in the Preference "Validate." Auto syntax-coloring and auto opening check will be done for those files.
- Improved the method for the error and caution number display so that you can notice the completion of checking without sound.
- Reviewed the configuration of the menu "Check."
- Improved the opening method for the remote files not to open the same URL windows redundantly.
- Changed the application icon of DTDtoDic to the 128 bit type which was designed by KOME.
- Improved the link checking so that links of "ftp" or "mailto" schemes will not be alarmed.
- Improved the layout of the Preference "Browser" pane.
- Changed the font of the message window to the same font for data in the editing window.
- Improved the temporary file generation for the browser preview.
- Improved the saving action to update the temporary file simultaneously.
- Improved the Applescript commands "Find/Replace" so that the error interruption will be generated when the Find/Replace strings longer than 256 bytes are specified.
- Improver the Applescript command "Save" so that old files will be rewritten without asking.
- Improved the recursive link check for the URLs ending with a '/'. These URLs will be automatically appended a default file name.
- Improved the menu "Window".
- Improved the file dialogs in the Preference "Browser".
- Added a new diagnosis message No.70 "Japanese character set '%2' is specified in the attribute '%1' while the document does not contain any Japanese 2 byte characters."
- Added a new item "Default Values" in the Preference "Coloring."
- Fixed a bug in opening files which had caused long opening time in some cases.
- Fixed a bug in link checking that the anchors defined by ID attribute have not been recognized.
- Fixed a bug in the error explanatory window that the shortcut cmd+A did not work.
- Fixed a bug of the triangle switches in the editing window that they did not work correctly after the both editing and message areas were closed.
- Fixed the garbled characters in the opening dialog of OS X DTDtoDic.
- Fixed a bug that the Cancel button did not work in the opening dialog of DTDtoDic.
- Fixed a bug that JChecker did not work correctly when invoked through Word Services or Services Menu.
- In the image tag auto generation, the expression 'border=0' has been changed to 'border="0"'.
Supports For OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- New macros which work on OS X 10.2 have been added. You need to replace old macros to new ones when you use JChecker on OS X 10.2.
- Fixed a sound bug on OS X 10.2 that JChecker stalled when the next checking result sound overlapped the previous checking result sound.
- Fixed a bug that the macros edited with 10.2 Script Editor did not work because the spec of the compiled script has been changed in 10.2 Script Editor.
- Fixed a problem that a new document window opened at the location of the Find dialog.
- Fixed a problem that the word services function did not work in OS X 10.2.
- Fixed a problem that the browser menu did not work in OS X 10.2.
- JChecker application icon and document icon of OS X version have been changed to new ones designed by "Kome".
- Supports the file name and its parent directory name display at the menu items of "Open Recent".
- Supports new "Auto Correction" button next to the "Check" button.
- Supports new shortcut key shift+return which inserts the tag
and a line break code.
- Supports the template selection for the "New HTML" function at the Preferences "Editor".
- Supports 0% option for the "Ratio for Message area" in the Preferences "Editor".
- Supports the auto quit for HTMLPlugin when JChecker quits.
- Changed the beautifying policy for the elements of "SCRIPT", "XMP", "LISTING", "PLAINTEXT", "STYLE", "SERVER", and "TEXTAREA" so that these elements keep the original configuration.
- Supports "Character set" and "Line Break type" re-assignment in the Revert dialog. This may be useful when the document opened with a wrong character set.
- The default location for the "Save As" dialog will be set to the same folder of the original fie.
- Added a new macro "remove comments".
- Added a new macro "Non-breaking Space " for the macro "special characters".
- Improved the expression of the error message No.4,No.7,No.68,No.69.
- Supports unicode display for the document windows title so that the Japanese strings don't turn into garbled in OS X English environment.
- Supports unicode display for the file list window for multi-file search.
- Supports unicode display for the Mark list window title and file item display.
- Supports unicode display for the Macro menu and the Contextual Menu.
- Supports unicode display for the HTML Template Menu.
- Fixed a bug that unwanted one byte spaces sometimes were added at the top of lines when the operation "Beautify" or "Minimize" was conducted.
- Fixed a bug that Jedit stalled when the regular expression search for a string which ended with a meta character '|' were executed.
- Fixed a bug that the contextual menu was displayed at a wrong position when clicked in the line number area.
- Fixed a bug that auto generation of image tags of HTML document failed when many image files were dropped at once.
- Fixed a bug that the functions "image" and "style" of HTMLPlugin did not work in Japanese edition.
- Fixed a bug that the file name display of the mark list did not follow the file name change by the "Save As" operation.
- Fixed a bug that the document icon was not updated immediately after the creator was changed to "JCHK".
- The first English version of JChecker3.0.
- The first JChecker3.0. Japanese version only.
If you have any question, please email us.
Artman21 User Support section.
16-11, Minami Fujisawa, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan 251-0055