Specifications of Jedit3.0
- Opens and Edits more than two files at once, and works with more than 32KB of files
- Views a single document using more than two split views.
- Displays line numbers, paragraph numbers and rulers.
- Supports multiple Undo/Redo for all operations.
- Supports Unicode and UTF8 text files.
- Compatibility with multi fonts, multi styles, and multi color.
- Inserts images, sounds, QuickTime, QuickDraw3D, and aliases into documents.
- Opens, edits and saves SimpleText Read Only files.
- Supports auto coloring for HTML tags, and drag & drop functions for URL path names.
- Supports regular expressions (compatible to 2-byte characters) for search functions.
- Supports multiple file search (which is commonly called 'Grep').
- Compatibility with Sherlock. Jedit3.0 can open a file and immediately jump to the chosen search word.
- Bookmarks any area you select. The bookmarks are available in an index file.
- Supports 3 types of line breaks for each OS (MAC, UNIX and DOS). Also supports and automatically identifies 8 types of encodings, such as MacJapanese (shift-JIS), JIS, EUC and Unicode.
- Supports AppleScript. Most operations for editing text can be controlled by AppleScript.
- Supports deep macro menus and macro windows. AppleScript can be registered as a macro command.
- Supports "Internet Config." If you want to open an URL in the document window, click the URL with the command key down. In addition, you can paste your signature as set in Internet Config.
- Supports Word Service. You can start your preferred spell checker, grammar checker and dictionary application from the menu bar on Jedit3.0.
- Compatibility with contextual menus. You can register any AppleScript in the contextual menu of Jedit3.0.
- Supports Language Analysis Manager. Allows you to convert kanji text to hiragana and speaks the Japanese text.
- Makes summaries.
- Records sounds.
- Supports 2 types of regulations, normal wordwrap and Japanese hanging wordwrap.
- Contains functions for writing e-mail messages, such as adding/deleting quote prefixes, etc.
- Sets details for conversion between Japanese 1-byte and 2-byte characters for alphabets, numbers, special characters, etc.
- Allows recent documents to be opened from the "File" menu.
- Supports Auto Saves. Documents are automatically saved at specified intervals.
- Supports Navigation Service.
- Supports Drag & Drop Manager.
- Supports Active Scroll.
- Compatible with Text Service Manager Inline Conversion.
- System: MacOS 7.1 or higher for Jedit3.0. Jedit3.0 is compatible with MacOS 8, 8.1, 8.5 and 8.6. The program does not work on Systems 6.07 or earlier.
- 4MB of RAM is required for Jedit3.0 (System memory is not included)
- Jedit3.0 has versions for Power Macintoshes and Older Macintoshes with 68K CPU(68020, 68030, and 68040).
- The version for Old Macintoshes (68K) does not support Unicode Convert, QuickDraw3D, and Japanese speech capabilities.
If you have any question, please email us.
Artman21 User Support section.
16-11, Minami Fujisawa, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan 251-0055